5 Top Bloggers Shared Their Biggest Blogging Mistakes | Easymadeblog

Friday

5 Top Bloggers Shared Their Biggest Blogging Mistakes

Like every other profession that we make mistakes, blogging mistakes are bound to occur to every newbie starting a new blog.

Like seriously, no one was born perfect! We all have made mistakes several times and must have the biggest among our several mistakes. A mistake that one would never forget and will not want other people to fall in the same pit we had fallen.

I received a lot of comments on my social media accounts after I published the 15 Blogging Mistakes Newbie Bloggers Make and How Each Can Ruin Blogs. People started to say I did not include the deadly mistakes that bloggers make. Mistakes that some pro bloggers even make.

Then, I decided to interview some pro bloggers to tell us their biggest mistakes they have ever made.

Jessica Knapp published a post on her blog, 5 Beginner Blogging Mistakes To Avoid.

Not only knowing these mistakes matters, but we also need to know how they jumped over the mistakes too. Don't mind the length of this post, it has promised to deliver you great lessons.



In this interview, I have featured 5 pro bloggers, from Nigeria and an Indian friend, who have achieved tremendous things through their blogs. They have also made a lot of mistakes plus the ones they couldn't remember. But since we call it "the biggest mistake," they can never forget it.

So, in a nutshell, they are here to tell us their biggest mistakes and how they jumped over it. I urged them to also give us a brief and helpful advice to help the newbie bloggers and whoever that cares.


Abhishek Dharmic ABHISHEK DHARMIK
Hi There! This is Abhishek Dharmik, A passionate blogger from Madhya Pradesh, India. I always keep on learning new things related to blogging and SEO. I like to inspire all newbie bloggers who want to create their future in blogging. I’m the CEO, Founder, and Editor of BloggingBro. BloggingBro was recently launched which is mainly focused to newbie bloggers. I like giving blogging tips and tricks which can help bloggers in improving their blog.

I’ve been doing blogging for the past 4 years, and I have gone through many ups and downs. In the beginning, I faced many problems when I was setting up my first blog. There were many mistakes which I had done when I started my blogging career and here’s my biggest blogging mistake and how I overcame it.

Biggest blogging mistakeNot Understanding My Audience - It’s all about the Reader, not words


When I firstly came to know about blogging, I started with a random niche blog. Instead of understanding how things work and what my audience want from me, I just kept creating content for the sake of getting traffic and increasing my search engine ranking.
This method worked, but it didn’t sustain for long.

I was writing blog posts and giving my best to my blog, but then also, I failed to make it large. So, what’s then, what strategy I have adopted to overcome this mistake?

I stopped working on my blog!

Before creating more content for my blog, I have to firstly understand how things actually work in this online world. Soon I found a solution that you have to firstly understand your audience, i.e., targeting your blog audience. I’m not saying that if you start a random niche blog, then it will be going to fail for sure. No! What I’m saying is that no blog can sustain until you know your audience correctly. So, stop publishing random blog posts without understanding your audience.

How I got over the mistake


There’s a fantastic tool by Google named Google Analytics. This tool helps you to track down your blog audience. You can create your reports and then start writing blog posts according to your audience need, location, and language; and keeping other relevant factors in mind.

My advice for fellow bloggers


Never write blog posts just for the sake of getting traffic from search engines. Firstly, understand your audience appropriately and then create content according to their demands, Believe me, if you figure out what your audience wants from your blog then mark my words, you will be a great blogger very soon.


Always remember, it’s all about the Reader, not words… 



Ani Henry ANI CHUKWUEMEKA HENRY
FULL NAME: ANI CHUKWUEMEKA HENRY / GENDER: MALE WEBSITE: http://www.whitehatmove.com / PASSION: BLOGGING, INTERNET MARKETING.


Being a newbie blogger exposes one to lots of mistakes which he will never think are relevant. I started blogging with the intention of being versatile even though I didn't know what I would be versatile on. I never thought of searching for a particular topic to treat, rather I thought the world of blogging is all about finishing everything just in one blog not knowing it's far greater than that.

Biggest blogging mistake: Treating Different Niches On One Blog


Up till now, it is still a nightmare not only to the newbie bloggers but also to existing bloggers who still doesn't understand the danger behind multi-blogging. I have made such mistake over and over again until I found out that it has been the leading cause of my predicament in my blogging career. This error is very hard to correct, and it takes a lot of courage and zeal. I discovered that this was the cause of my problem quite late and by that time; I had created 3 blogs which I closed all for the same reason of very high bounce rate.

The solution to my problem was not coming until I engaged a friend of mine who is a Pakistani and a professional blogger too. I told him to help in accessing my blog so as to tell me the problem wrong with it. He accessed it, and his only reply was "the blog is not organized." I started thinking of what he meant by "organization" when I knew I had my topics arranged in labels and had a well-organized text listing but couldn't help with it. I embarked on a fundamental research to go deep in what niches really meant, this was when everything became clearer, and I started thinking about how to make things better. I went to my blog, and the first thing that came to my mind was to delete all my posts and start afresh as I have created a lot of blogs all these while. This I carried out with speed without minding the implication.

Meanwhile, all my website pages were indexed in the search engines before this happened. So, what this resulted in was detrimental to the general well-being of my blog including my custom domain.

How I got over the mistake



I started from the scratch creating an entirely new website which I never wanted to do - building a whole new audience and targeting entirely new audience too. This time, I was very careful and became more focused. I never knew that any niche chosen has many topics waiting to deal on regularly. That was my main fear because I didn't want a situation where I will suck at writing and visitors become disappointed. If care were not taken, I wouldn't have continued the struggle up till this moment, but as we might have it, I was given a second chance.



My advice for fellow bloggers




Being a newbie blogger is never a crime, but my advice to the new bloggers which made me write this post is for them not to repeat the same mistakes I made that almost resulted in my extinction. You will never realize the importance of this post until you go deep in the blogging world but, I urge you, my friend, to learn from my mistakes as repeating same might not give you a second chance which I had to testify and correct this ideology.




David Chisomeje DAVID CHISOMEJE
I’m David Chisomeje, A Social Media Blogger from Nigeria; I’m also the Chief Executive Officer at Notjustech Blog, I am a passionate writer in my Niche, and I always love to learn new things most especially when it comes to Freelance Writing, Video blogging and lots more.


I ventured into blogging in 2015, and since then I have been doing great in blogging, but I actually faced lots of challenges in blogging which I have overcome all very recently.

Biggest blogging mistake: I never had a plan, goal, and specific niche for my blog


When I was still 15 years old, I do hear about big news blogs like Punch.ng and Naij.com, and since it seemed many people liked reading politics news, I decided to venture into the multi-niche blogging, so as to get high-quality visitors and traffic to my blog.


After one year of blogging, I then realized that I did not like the niche I ventured into because I kept spending money buying Internet bundles, but I was not making a penny from my blog.

Secondly, people were not giving me much attention. And finally, I was not solving people’s problem.

How I got over the mistake


So what I did was to search for a highly profitable Niche which took me months before I could find a particular niche that will help me achieve greater things from my blog.

Luckily I got a good Niche. It was Social Media blogging, and today I am euphoric with that Niche and also make money from selling most of my E-books on that Niche.


My advice for fellow bloggers


Never start a blog if you don’t have a plan, goal, and an excellent Niche for your blog, or else you will drastically dump your blog just as I did for 1 year before I could start afresh.

And finally when you get an excellent Niche, please focus on that particular Niche and do the best you can in that very specific Niche.


Ajetunmobi Daniel AJETUNMOBI DANIEL
My name is Ajetunmobi Daniel. I'm a blogger, affiliate marketer, template/logo designer, and online promoter at Blogger Gossip Hub. The main purpose of joining the blogosphere is to promote bloggers and other internet marketers online with the power of my unique gossips and to make money.


The internet opened my eyes, improved my writing skills, makes me know what to do and how to, seriously to me, the internet is everything. Aside from my parents, all I have learned so far from the beginning to this time are from the web, addition with the talent and skills God give to me which I discovered lately.

My teachers and lecturers thought they were the one helped me to this time, but this is absolutely a NO. I only go to school and attend lectures to know these important things below:

1. To know how to speak proper English
2. To speak French (average)
3. To know how to read and write ..... & nothing else.


Biggest blogging mistake:  I never have the time for my blog


Talking about my biggest mistake ever in blogging will make you rain curses on me. You might want to ask questions or pretend as if you know nothing about my mistakes in a summary below.

I started blogging as a newbie a few years ago, and this is the year 2017. There was a year I wrote a list of ways which I can make money with my blog - Almost 20 ways which I can make money with my good strategies.

But because of less time I had for my blog, I never for once implemented those strategies. I didn't know how to cope and be successful being a student and as well as a blogger.

I never had the time for my blog. Lectures and other activities in school was a big problem in addition to blogging.

I believe, when you direct more traffic to your blog, then money making shouldn't be a problem, There are even some strategies to generate massive traffic to my blog but time had always been the problem. I never had the time to implement these strategies.

My advice for fellow bloggers


Seriously, "When you don't have time for your blog then you are going nowhere in the blogosphere".
I remembered when I was new to blogging, I was advised by a popular tech blogger, Mathias Amodu, he said; "Always wake up in the middle of the night, schedule posts till weekends, then during the weekends, gather more topics to schedule in the following week".

Know how to plan your time and do not allow any of your activities in school affect your blog. Your blog should always be online. Remember, the more you update your blog, the more the exposure and your audience.

Samuel Igwe SAMUEL IGWE
Howdy beautiful readers! This is Samuel Igwe a passion driven blogger and a pro blog designer from Nigeria with first class Intel on how to set up a successful business online. I have helped some start-up business, and individuals succeed and maximize their income online by providing them tactics and actionable techniques that will help them make more money online. I am the CEO of loudtips, and it has been an inspiring blog to all niches with the slug name “BLOG FOR BLOGGERS”.


Biggest blogging mistake: Using The Wrong Domain Name For My Blog


I have been blogging for a few years now, and I have passed through so many mistakes that really affected my blogging career. One of my mistakes resulted in the lack of giving the appropriate domain name for my blog. The domain name I chose when I started did not fit my niche - I blog about blog monetization, SEO, Wordpress, YouTube and I gave this niche and entertainment name which did not match with my content.

How I got over the mistake


When I knew my mistake, I decided to change the clock around by reading pro blogs like shoutmeloud and Neil Patel. These two bloggers were my mentors, and they have helped me a lot. With their tips, I got a domain name that fit my niche.

My advice for fellow bloggers


My advice for you is first; you need to read from pro bloggers about choosing the right domain name for your audience niche before you start your own blog because that’s what many newbie bloggers fail to know. Even, if you have made this mistake, it is never too late to change your direction. Don’t blog because your friends are blogging or making money from it. Blog because you have the passion for it and everything will be added to you.


Were you like "wow", reading this mistakes? Mistakes you don't even believe they exist, and yet, are claimed to be some of the greatest mistakes. That is how we overlook things.

Without telling me, I know you have learned very vital lessons from these mistakes, and I hope you take to the pieces of advice given. See yourself at the top soon.

Now, over to you.

What do you consider as your greatest blogging mistake ever?




easymadeblog

Be Kind,Share this with your friends using the share buttons below:

3 comments:

  1. Nice one. Hope every aspiring blogger can take a cue from these seasoned bloggers and avoid some career-killing mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Illyas for Featuring me on Easymadeblog!
    i just hope our mistakes will change other bloggers and aspiring bloggers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for enlightening us. At least with this we won't make such mistakes again. Trendzhelm

    ReplyDelete

Have you got anything to say about this post? Let's hear your thoughts in the comment box. Sign in as "Anonymous" to bypass verification.

You can also use the Facebook comment box above to reply to this post with your Facebook ID.

Make sure you check the "NOTIFY ME" checkbox to get updates when your comments are replied to.